Wednesday, May 7, 2008

What happens on TDY...


My husband is TDY this week. It's not a long trip, less than a week, so it's going to be totally easy. Right? I mean, I have almost a week of lying in bed w/ the lamp on while I read and not having my husband say, "I can't sleep with the light on." I don't have to cook. And the reunion is, well, I don't need to go into that. *wink* Anyway, we've been married 14 army years, so I've easily survived longer TDY's and a deployment. But this is the first TDY since we've had a dog. A dog who is used to getting up with my husband for his morning walk and, ahem, constitution b/w 4 and 5 am. And our dog *will* go in the house if I don't get my lazy arse up, so I haven't slept well. I wake up at approx 3am and check the clock while dozing until 4-5.

All I know is that I have a wake-up left. I'm exhausted. I just think of future TDY's or deployments and groan.

TDY has taken on a whole different meaning for me.

No comments: