Sunday, May 4, 2008

Books of April 08




I've been in a reading slump for years. But don't take it as I'm reading no books at all b/c I'm still reading...I just find very few books that I like. I start a book and, immediately, I'm bored w/ it. Basically, I go into every book already thinking it's going to disappoint me. But I still read. And, yes, I read primarily romance. Don't judge me.


So, here's what I read for the month of April:


Her Every Pleasure -- Gaelen Foley (Eh.)

First You Run -- Roxanne St. Claire (pretty good...good enough that I'm interested in reading more of her backlist)

The Duke Next Door -- Celeste Bradley (Eh.)

Private Arrangements -- Sherry Thomas (pretty good...I still remember the story and it's been a few weeks since I read it, so that's a good sign LOL)

Twilight Series which consists of Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse -- Stephenie Meyer (LOVED them! Yes, the whole love triangle was unnecessary to me. What? Like Edward isn't the one? *pffft*)


Expounding on the Twilight Series....b/c I can. ;) If you haven't read or heard about Twilight, well, they're a series of books for young adults. I am, definitely, not a young adult. LOL But I have many friends who were raving about these books. I don't read books about vampires. Ever. Never. I'm not into fantasy. But I have that reading slump problem and thought, what if these books can pull me out of my slump? So, I went to the store and bought the first book, Twilight, but not the other 2 b/c what if I didn't even like the first book? I went home and read Twilight straight through. I went back to the bookstore the next day and picked up New Moon and Eclipse. I read those straight through back to back. I did have some problems w/ certain issues in the book due to the fact that the books are geared for young women aka tweens and teens. Soulmates? Whatever. But, overall, I LOVED this series. I am minorly obsessed with them and it's been a month since I read the books.


So, now I'm still in a slump b/c I can't find books as good as the Twilight series. *sigh*

No comments: