Thursday, May 1, 2008

Naughty knee



I just got back from the doc about my knee. Um, yeah, she was no help. I still have no idea what is wrong w/ my knee. I have no idea what to do about it except stop running says the doc. She was really harpy about running being good for your heart but bad for your joints. Okay, that still doesn't asnwer why I have been running for over a year w/ NO pain AT ALL in my knee and it just starts all of a sudden. Stop running. Oh yeah, that's right. Find a different exercise to do. Ooookay, but I want to know what's wrong. It's probably tendonitis and it will go away if you stop running. I don't think it's serious enough for an x-ray or MRI. I just want to know what to do about it. People w/ knee problems strengthen this muscle (:she pats my thigh:). If it continues to hurt for another month or so then maybe you'll need physical therapy. Yeah, I'm going to not run this week, but I'm starting again next week. I'm researching exercises and a couple of friends who have had knee problems are helping, also. I just can't stop running now. It's part of my life. *sigh*

A friend of mine in her 30's was just diagnosed w/ stage 3 breast cancer. Ladies (and men) do your breast exams! Feel yourself up! :) Thanks Carrie for that one. :)

No comments: