Friday, May 2, 2008

Who knew I was an outside person?

I exercised today! Wheeeeee, after a week off trying to heal my naughty knee. I knew I wanted to try something easy on the knee and since the harpy "thou shalt not run" doctor mentioned it, I biked. I don't own a bike and couldn't bike outside (which is better for all involved b/c I'm likely to hurt myself if not someone else), so I went to the gym. Okay, so I used to go to the gym a lot quite a few years ago and bike or run. No problem. The last 2-3 years, I cannot exercise at the gym...so boring and I'm lucky if I complete a mile. But I knew I had to do something before I start to gain back the weight that I've worked so hard to lose. I brought my mp3 player w/ my running songs. I picked the bike in front of one of the 3 tv's. I get myself all settled in and start pedaling. After the first couple of minutes I realize, shit!, I'm in front of the tv that's playing ESPN. *groan* I don't know if there's anyone out there who cares less about sports than I do. So, now I'm only listening to music and it's not diverting my boredom. But I'm trying...I swear. My awesome workout on the bike? 20 minutes. Gah, pathetic.

Good news! My knee has felt great today! I hope it's getting better. I don't know how many more days I'll last having to workout in the gym. I need to be outside w/ my feet on the pavement!!

No comments: