Thursday, September 25, 2008

Music in Germany

We do have 2 stations here that are in English, American Forces Network (AFN The Eagle) and Canadian Forces Network (CFN). And, yes, it's nice to hear English, but one minute you can be listening to the latest song by 3 Doors Down and then next will be a song by Celine Dion. It's crazy! Country is usually limited to Sunday, i think. But there is always a classic Casey Kasem countdown. Imagine my surprise to hear tha the popular group Reo Speedwagon had its 3rd top ten hit. LMAO http://www.afneurope.net/DynamicMenu/Radio/AFNTheEagle/tabid/91/Default.aspx The CFN is the same except there will be some French songs every once in a while. http://www.cfsue.de/cfn/Welcome_e.htm

Most popular songs in the US are played on German stations, so it's not like we're missing a lot of music here. But for shits and giggles I thought I'd give you the Top 20 songs in Germany as of this week with a link to the German ones. This list is according to http://www.worldcharts.co.uk/world%20charts/germany.htm.

1--I Kissed a Girl Katy Perry

2--Gib Mir Sonne Rosenstolz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecQm9RbD7O0

3--Sweet About Me Gabrielle Cilmi

4--This is the Life Amy MacDonald

5--Das Hat Die Welt Noch Nicht Gesehen Sohne Mannheim



6--Nessun Dorma Paul Potts



7--All Summer Long Kid Rock (sick.of.this.song.)

8--Alles Neu Peter Fox (love this one!)



9--Infinity 2008 Guru Josh Project

10-Viva La Vida Coldplay

11-When I Grow Up Pussycat Dolls

12-Helden Gesucht Thomas Godoj

13-I'm Yours Jason Mraz

14-Closer Ne-Yo

15-So Soll Es Bleiben Ich+Ich

16-Alleinesein Peter Heppner


17-Give It 2 Me Madonna

18-Warwick Avenue Duffy

19-Just Dance Lady GaGa

20-Nichts Bringt Mich Runter Ich+Ich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gM04vNZjZ0U

This song is still on the charts and reminds me of this summer and moving here. :)

Lasse Redn by Die Artze



Running News: I'm feeling stronger and more confident in my runs here...even with the cold weather. I officially timed my route on Monday and the one today and I have a longer route to time. Now I know what my times are for these 3 different routes and can work on becoming faster. I will start lengthening my runs next month, I think. But now I have a baseline to work with. I don't care for running road races, but am thinking about signing up for one just to see where I am and b/c it's a good cause: Breast Cancer Month. Unfortunately I know quite a few women who I'd be running for.

1 comment:

princessapr said...

I love Warwick Avenue (Duffy). The entire CD is excellent. She's opening for Coldplay on Halloween, and I'd LOVE to go again. It's the baby's first Halloween in costume (because she was only 3 days old last year) so I suppose I have to do Halloween.

I give money so I don't have to run though I think it may be cheaper if I actually did a Run/Walk at this rate.

Welcome to Blogger! :)

Oh, we have a new radio station here that goes from Led Zeppelin to Sarah McLachlan which is fine because I don't mind either, but it's just very weird. Always fun just to hear what's next.