Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas is merry, indeed!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy Winter and Merry Festivus. ;)

All is wonderful in my neck of the woods. My husband arrived home this week for R&R. We totally lucked out b/c he wasn't supposed to come home for R&R until the end of Jan/early Feb. Then in October-ish, he was contacted and offered an alternate R&R date. We were less concerned that it was Christmas and more thrilled with it being earlier than the other date. Earlier is better! (well, unless you're at the beginning of the deployment then earlier is not better LOL)

Anyway, here are a few photos of the day he arrived. That family picture is a funny b/c my hubby and some of his guys began the Afghanistache Project. Yes, I hate it. He loves it. And he thinks it's funny that I hate it. He shaved it the day after he got home. He said it was b/c I was nagging. I thought it was just a Christmas present I deserved. ;) But he is totally anticipating the regrowing. LOL

Also, please remember our deployed military members and their families as they are separated this Christmas. Until you've been in their shoes (as we were Christmas of '04 when my hubby was in Iraq) then you can't know or understand the heartache. God Bless our military!





In knee news, I absolutely hate being on crutches. Hell. on. earth. 5 weeks left and I'm counting every. single. minute. It's not the end of the whole recovery process (which is months long), but the end of totally not bearing any weight. Less crutches. Yay. Anyway, I found a clip on youtube of my microfracture procedure in the exact same place as mine. Check it out if you're interested. ;)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I am not a fan of the 'stache, but that is probably because I grew up with my father having one, so I always relate them to my father and it being a "dad" kind of thing.


So glad you present arrived!! Merry Christmas!