Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Running news and Dollar v Euro

Okay, so I don't have much. I feel like a broken record these days when it comes to running. I'm still only managing 2 days/wk (usually 45-60 minutes) and a 3rd day of walking. I'm not known for my commitment (except to my husband and kids, of course!), but I thought that when I had gotten so motivated and dedicated to my running that I wouldn't have much trouble getting back into it after the move. It's so much harder than I ever thought. And I've always hated running in the cold. Guess what? It gets cold in Germany....and windy. LOL So, I decided to buy some cold weather running gear, so I'll be comfortable...buying a treadmill is a last resort as I hate to run inside. I've bought gloves, a headband to cover my ears, I have under armour (that I took from Cory) and I bought these pants:



My next purchase is a good jacket. We do have a pretty good store here on-post w/ outdoor gear. The guy who helped me w/ the pants told me to check back soon as they were getting new stuff. Love new inventory!



Remember growing up there were these good/bad jokes? A man fell out of an airplane. Bad! But he fell on a haystack. Good. (remember these are for kids, we all know the guy would die LOL) But there was a pitchfork in the haystack. Bad! Well, when we got here the dollar was worth 62 cents per 1 Euro. Really Bad. We went to a German McDonald's. Good! B/c how great is getting schnitzel at Mickey D's? We got 4 Happy Meals which totalled 14Euro, but it actually cost us approx $21. Baaad! Anyway, the dollar is up against the euro (approx 72cents/E). Good! COLA is down. Bad! COLA

2 comments:

Lyndee said...

Love the jokes, SL! I am glad the dollar is going up. That is Good! I know what you mean about running. It is like that with me for any excercise anytime I get out of a routine it is so hard to get back into it. Good Luck.

Casee said...

Hey SL!

That running gear looks really good. I just started running again today. I can't believe how hard it is to get back to things.

Glad to see that everyone is doing well!